Monday 12 December 2011

Welcome to the Peace Tree

We sow the seed right, nature grows the seed and then we eat the seed. And then, after that we sow the seed, nature grows the seed and then we eat the seed...”
Neil, The Young Ones 1984

I have had lots of advice on how to write my first blog from writing a mainstream piece first to bring in readers to making sure you introduce yourself and outline exactly what your blog is about, why you are doing it and when you will post...and to tell you the truth, it all got a bit too much for me.
I believe that the Peace Tree will grow over time and as I welcome you into my life I am sure you will get to know me.
To outline what my blog is about would be like describing the branches and leaves of the Peace Tree as they are an extension of who I am and how I reach out to the world.
Neil, a 1980’s hippy from the Young Ones, once said “...we sow the seed, nature grows the seed and then we eat the seed...”.
So I would like to welcome you to the Peace Tree as we sow our first seeds.
These seeds of peace, love and hopefully a little bit of wisdom will grow and bloom into the Peace Tree of my dreams where one and all may gather and feed on upon the fruits nature provides.
Peace and love,
Tara Lee

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere Tara, you're going to love it! Ignore the "rules", I do & it's much more fun, I think!

    I, meanwhile, love that you quoted Neil. We must compare favourite Young Ones episodes at the next owls, I think your Mum must be the one to thank for you even watching it? My mother also corrupted me with such viewing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your warm welcome Vic and I love that you appreciate the humour that is The Young Ones. It was indeed my mum who corrupted me by making me watch The Young Ones and I absolutely love it! She is also the one to blame for my obsession with a certain Doctor and his blue box.

    I look forward to our next owls where we can discuss favourite Young Ones quotes and episodes. Believe it or not but I dressed up as one of the Young Ones for a party once...

    ReplyDelete