Friday 16 December 2011

Congratulations to the Class of 2011



The anticipation is now over.
Three years ago, I was in your shoes and I remember the feeling of staring at that computer screen waiting for my results to upload.
Now it is time for some of my good friends to do the same.
I wish them all the best with their results. I know that they deserve it.
I remember the final years of high school and the intense stress that surrounds it. So I would like to congratulate my dear Year 12 friends not only on their results but for all the hard work, for staying strong and surviving Year 12.
You should all be so proud of who you are as you are some of the most gorgeous, motivated and generous people that I know. I cannot begin to imagine what your futures hold.
I would also like to take some time to pat a few others on the back.
To the parents and families who have provided so much support throughout the years of VCE, I salute you. I shall also encourage your daughters and sons to pamper you during their break. You deserve it.
To the teachers who saw the potential in their students and worked with students to achieve their best, I say thank you. All teachers should take a leaf out of your book.
And to the friends who have been there for each other throughout the most stressful years, I send my hugs and I hope that your friendships continue to stay strong.

Now at the end of the day, I hope that you all remember that your ATAR score is just a number. If you do not end up getting your first offer next year...it is okay. There are many pathways that will lead you where you want to go.
I know that when you are in Year 12 this number is surrounded by hype but I will let you in on a secret...no one cares what your score is next year. To tell you the truth, I can’t even remember what my score was but I can tell you that I am happy with what I am doing.
Do not get me wrong, I am not disregarding your ATAR scores and all the work you have put in. You should definitely be proud of all that you have achieved. I am simply advising that you do not get caught up in the hype of what is just a number.
Leaving Year 12 may seem like the end of an era but I promise you it is just the beginning. Congratulations to my Year 12 friends and welcome to a world outside of high school.
So continue to be your amazing selves and you will be able to achieve anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment