Saturday 31 December 2011

Highlights of a Beautiful Year

I have found that with each year that passes we will always have our ups and downs. 2011 has been no different but “with each new day comes new strength and new thoughts”.

Overall, I have found that this year has been one where I have shared in many celebrations with friends and family and have continually stepped out of my comfort zone.

It has been a year of spreading the MakePovertyHistory message...

...of refugee rights campaigns...


...and of working with the amazing Geelong Young Vinnies group.


It has been a year that was Grinchified with tinsel pom poms and many other outrageous Whoville costumes.


A year where some of my dearest friends completed their Year 12 or graduated from university and a year spent tutoring three beautiful children with one of my good friends.


A year of celebrations with twenty-firsts, eighteenths and a gorgeous wedding.

A year where two of my Clonard sisters were each proposed to in the most romantic of ways.

A year with the arrival of a beautiful child and announcements of more tiny feet to arrive next year.

It was also a year that saw Chris receive the Karingal Young Achiever of the Year Award, I chaired a session at the Australasian Pacific Play Therapy Conference and was accepted into honours for occupational therapy.

So as my family gather around our peace tree to play games, sing and welcome in the New Year, I wish you all a wonderful 2012 filled with family, friends, love and laughter.
Peace and love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment