Monday 7 May 2012

Challenge...accepted!


I believe in a world without poverty. I believe we can all make a difference. Now I'm putting my beliefs into practice by living on $2 a day for five days.

Live Below the Line, is an amazing challenge that raises awareness and funds for an end to extreme poverty. 

By accepting the challenge, I will be spending only $2 on my food each day for five days. In our world, there are 1.4 billion people who live on this amount or less each day. And so I accept the challenge for them.

Here’s a brilliant video that explains how Live Below the Line works.




Personally, I love the approach of the Live Below the Line challenge:
  • To encourage personal awareness through experiencing a taste (or rather lack of...meals are pretty bland) of what it is like to live in poverty.
  • To create so many conversations about extreme poverty and what can be done about it.
  • To raise funds to assist people to help themselves out of poverty.

If we all work together, we can make a difference in this world!

So as I plan my menu for the rest of the week, I encourage you to take the time to think of those living below the line. I know I will.

If you would like to support me, you can head to my fundraising page to donate. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment