Thursday 16 February 2012

Singing Happy Birthday to the Heavens

It’s raining in the car park and a woman in her neatly pressed nurse uniform hears the distressed mewing of a kitten. She looks around. She lowers herself to the ground and sees the poor drenched kitten seeking refuge underneath a car.

The rain is coming down more heavily and mixes with the oil and dirt on the ground. Without a thought for her uniform, the woman lays on her stomach and works her way under the car to save the kitten.

That’s my grandma.



Although my grandma’s not here today, I know my mum has the same kindness, the same strength and the same determination as her. I hope that I share some too.

I wish she was still with us but through family stories and my mum’s outlook on life, I know that her spirit is very much alive.

So today I sing.

I sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to the heavens.

I love you Grandma. ©

1 comment:

  1. Margie was a beautiful person inside and out and she had the best laugh, i can still hear it . Happy Birthday Margie you are very missed, but always loved. Marnie xx

    ReplyDelete