Saturday 21 January 2012

Life's A Happy Song

“I’ve got everything that I need 
Right in front of me. 
Nothing’s stopping me, 
Nothing I can’t be  
When you’re right here next to me.”

I could not help myself singing this song yesterday as I was surrounded by my friends on such a beautiful day.


My morning was spent playing ‘Follow the Leader’ with my friend’s younger cousins through the twisting greenery at the Botanic Gardens. We searched for fairies and found their homes in amongst some flowers and in knot holes on a beautiful tree.


As we ran around the gardens, we danced like fairies and sang songs from ‘Beauty and the Beast’.

One of the gorgeous girls, in all her wisdom, told me that “you’re weird”...I cannot argue with that. However, despite how weird she thought I was we had a magical time in the gardens together with many tickles as well.


Delicious picnic food was had under the most delightfully shady tree and many a conversation between good friends was shared. It was lovely just to lay back and look up at the green leaves swaying in the slight breeze, surrounded by friends and listening to the tunes of The Evening Cast on my iPod. Just gorgeous!

Afterwards I went for a walk along the beautiful bay that Geelong is blessed with. While I walked along I came across a wooden ship nestled in at the pier that as a child I would have been convinced was a pirate ship...although you can never be too sure, perhaps it was.



As I walked along, I sang out loud. I sang to the trees, the bollards and to the sparrows and seagulls. It was just one of those days where you feel so alive and full of love for the world.

My walk eventually lead me to dinner with my lovely Vinnies friends where we shared food, stories and laughter.

Such a scrummilicious Thai dinner of hokkien noodles with vegetables (it was one of my vego days)!


My beautiful day was finished off wonderfully as we walked together to the Geelong NightMarket and wandered around the amazing stalls.


So many beautiful colours, delicious smells and gorgeous products. It was just lovely.

You can understand that as I went to sleep that night, these were the words drifting through my head: “I’ve got everything that I need right in front of me”.

So true.

No comments:

Post a Comment