Friday 6 January 2012

Baking Bliss

The day started off with my peasant skirt and hair covered in flour as I made some buttermilk pancakes using fresh eggs from my uncle’s chickens.

Served with some fair-trade passionberry sauce picked up from work and generous helpings of local organic vanilla ice cream...simply delicious!

Then for lunch, I scrounged around and found a few potatoes. Homemade oven baked chips. My family was loving my time spent in the kitchen.

To finish off my baking day, I made several loaves of Dutch gingerbread with a name that I can pronounce but unfortunately cannot write. Made with an old family recipe, the house filled with the smells of ginger, cinnamon and pure baking bliss.


One loaf disappeared almost immediately out of the oven but what could be nicer as the butter melts into the loaf.



However, I did part with one loaf as a way of thanking my uncle. Earlier this morning, my uncle and I went to pick up a sewing desk that I had managed to get for as little as $3.25.


Imagine this desk painted up white with some lovely green drawer handles I have lying around somewhere...just wonderful!
But for now, it is time to relax with another slice of Dutch gingerbread with butter and a large glass of milk.
Peace and love.

3 comments:

  1. The Ginger bread was beautiful Tara!! It certainly when down well with a few cups of coffee on nightshift tonight.
    Thanks
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum Tara!
    Can I have the recipe for the ginger loaf mmmm

    xox Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear you enjoyed it Michael. Thank you again.
    Peace, Tara xx

    ReplyDelete